Recipe by BirdyBaker
O Canada! Maple syrup lends sweetness to this decadent cheesecake masterpiece. This is totally awesome.Sooo yummy! Found this on the net and have made it many times since. Rich, but that's a good thing. Cook time includes chill time. This would be excellent topped with a few pecans!
Top Review by Shotsbydine
I love cheesecake of many types, but this is my new favorite. I made it for mothers day and shared it with my 2 girlfriends (& their hubbies), 2 neighbors and of course my mother & father. Everybody loved it. My parents have a small "sugar shack" where they make their own syrup, so I have a constant supply of the "liquid gold" as I call it. I will definitely be making this cheesecake again, and again, and again=)
- 24 graham crackers
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark maple syrup, plus more for drizzling on top (divided)
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare crust: In food processor, finely grind graham crackers (you will have about 31/2 cups). In large bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs, butter and 1/2 cup maple syrup. Press evenly into bottom and up sides of 10-inch springform pan. Wrap bottom and side of pan with 2 layers of heavy-duty foil to avoid leakage.
- Make filling: In bowl of standing mixer fitted with paddle attachment, or in food processor, beat cream cheese on low speed, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally, until smooth. Add remaining 1 cup maple syrup and eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and cream and beat until just combined.
- Pour filling into crust and bake in middle of oven 1 hour (cake will not be set in center but will set as it chills). Cool cake in pan on rack. Chill cake, covered, at least 8 hours and up to 4 days. Remove side of pan. Serve cheesecake in wedges, drizzled with maple syrup.