Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Syrupy goodness in the morning.
Make and share this Maple Syrup Banana Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 10 ounces yogurt
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 bananas, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Sift together the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- Whisk together the wet ingredients until well-blended. Stir in the bananas.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
I liked these mufffins a lot, but was hoping for a bit more maple flavor. I was also skeptical of adding chopped rather than mashed bananas, but it actually resulted in chewy bananas with chunks of fruit rather than just banana flavor. I only had 2 bananas, so I used 12 ounces of yogurt, and it turned out just fine. This recipe made 12 large muffins, and was the one that induced me to adopt swirlycinnacakes for Pick a Chef 07.