We have been making our own syrup forever and it is soooo easy. We recently had guests for the weekend and had a pancake breakfast. They had never had homemade syrup before so I decided to post it. There are a couple other syrup recipes on here, but none with the same ingredients.
- Place sugar and water in small saucepan.
- Bring to boil.
- Boil just for a couple of minutes, so that all sugar is dissolved and syrup is clear.
- Add Mapleine (extract) to taste (as dark as you want it).
- Store in refrigerator, covered.
- This recipe can be adapted to make any amount of syrup- Just always double your sugar to water, ie 2 cups sugar, 1 cup water.
This is my favorite recipe for syrup..cheap and easy! I use 1/2 cup white sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar; then add 1/2 tsp vanilla along with the maple extract.
I am the "Pvt Amy" of Pvt Amy's Mom" so obviously, she is my mommy. I love this syrup so much, I can't even use regular syrup for anything anymore, it's either this syrup or completely 100% natural maple syrup.. nothing else works.
I have been using this recipe for a couple of years now. Absolutely love it and so much better then store brand!