1/3 Photos of Maple-Swirl Biscuits
Here is a sure to be popular biscuit/bread side that's at home on a holiday table or for a Sunday brunch. No matter where you serve these they are going to disappear.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup maple sugar (or granulated sugar)
- 1 tablespoon apple pie spice
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup raisins (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with parchment paper, extending edges over ends; set aside.
- 3In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- 4Using a pastry blender, cut in 1/2 cup cold butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 5Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add milk and maple syrup all at once.
- 6Using a fork, stir just until dough forms a ball.
- 7On a lightly floured surface, knead dough gently for 10 to 12 strokes. Roll dough between two pieces of parchment paper or pat dough into a 14x10-inch rectangle.
- 8In a small bowl combine maple sugar and apple pie spice.
- 9Spread dough with 1/2 cup softened butter; sprinkle with the sugar-spice mixture and if desired at this point, sprinkle with raisins.
- 10Starting from a long side, roll up into a spiral, pinching seam to seal.
- 11Using a sharp knife, cut into 12 slices.
- 12Arrange slices, cut sides down, in prepared pan. Drizzle with the 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- 13Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden. Using edges of parchment paper, lift from pan to a wire rack. Cool slightly. Drizzle with Maple Glaze.
- 14MAPLE GLAZE:.
- 15In a small bowl combine powdered sugar and maple syrup.
- 16Stir in enough milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, to make a glaze of drizzling consistency.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple-Swirl Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (1533 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 417.1
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 49.3 mg
- Sodium 587.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 23.4 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
apple pie spice