Recipe by Michelle_My_Belle
Come holiday time these were a staple at our house for pre dinner snacking. Goes well with cheese and crackers or by itself, with cheese and/or crackers. Serves ten but as a snack by itself serves 5. *NOTE* this is not a brand new pan kind of recipe - for your pans sake, please use the butter or a cooking spray before putting the syrup in and try and dump out remaining syrup into coffee can or another non plastic disposable container as soon as possible, rest will come off with hot water if not let sit for too long *another note* the Liquid in the pictures is not grease, its extra syrup i didnt shake off lol
Top Review by blancpage
Wow, this was tasty. I used Smart Balance Light for the butter and real maple syrup. I halved the recipe using about half of a 1lb beef summer sausage. I followed the rest of directions as stated. Bf said this was good but he wasn't wholly impressed. I don't think I would have thought of eating maple syrup with summer sausage so it was a yummy recipe. We opted to eat ours plain. I drizzled some butter/syrup onto the slices after they were done Thanks for sharing Michelle_My_Belle! :) Made for Please Review My Recipe tag game.
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice summer sausage into 1/4" rounds - remove plastic coating from around sausage after you slice as it is easier that way.
- Heat butter into large skillet completely coating bottom.
- Add syrup, slightly stir and let sit on medium heat until bubbling slightly.
- Place rounds into pan and let cook 3-4 minutes until bubbled up (like bologna) and a rich red color on bottom, turn and cook other side, they may not bubble back the other way but 3-4 minutes should be good.
- Remove from pan onto plate, twisting them over the pan to get rid of any excess syrup.