Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
A sweetly delicious recipe from Better Homes and Gardens.
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup granulated maple sugar (or Faux Maple Sugar)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease a very large baking sheet; set aside.
- Combine first four ingredients in a large bowl; mix well.
- Sift the remaining ingredients together; add all at once to the sour cream mixture.
- Mix just until combined.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface; knead lightly.
- Roll or press to 1/2 inch thickness and cut into 2 1/2" rounds with floured cookie cutter or glass.
- Place muffins on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown.
- Transfer to a cooling rack.
- Serve while still warm.
Delicious and addictive! I used the maple flavoring since I didn't have the sugar, and there was just the right note of maple flavor. DS went ahead and dribbled some maple syrup on his too.