1/6 Photos of Maple Sugar Glazed Pork With Baked Apples and Thyme
1 hr 30 mins
French Tart's Note:
A delicious and sticky combination of lean pork chops, maple syrup, brown sugar, apples and cider. An easy to assemble meal for company that needs very little last minute attention. Serve with mashed potato and steamed seasonal vegetables during the cooler months and lightly steamed greens during the warmer months. This dish would also be wonderful with baked red cabbage and crusty bread. Edited (30/08/07) to say: This was my RSC10 entry - and as everyone discovered, I copied and pasted the wrong version! I made it three times, cutting back on fluids each time and also increasing the oven temperature and the maple syrup! This recipe has now been edited to the correct version - thanks to all who made this, and sorry for my mistake! I hope you will try it again! FT:-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the chops & apple halves into a large buttered ovenproof dish – along side each other, it does not matter if they fit snugly.
- 2Mix the maple syrup, sugar, mustard and cider together to make a thickish, sludgy syrupy, paste and spread over the top of the chops & apples.
- 3Allow to rest/marinade at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- 4Preheat the oven to 2250C/450F/Gas 6.
- 5Sprinkle the chopped onion over the top of the chops and apples, and place several sprigs of fresh thyme on top.
- 6Season well with freshly ground pepper and sea salt.
- 7Bake for about 45 to 60 minutes, or until chops are and apples are cooked, soft and golden brown and glazed. (Cooking time depends on the thickness ans size of the chops).
- 8You can flash the chops and apples under a grill to achieve a deeper and stickier glaze.
- 9Serve each person with one chop, one-half of apple and some of the juices and the glaze. Garnish with some fresh thyme.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Sugar Glazed Pork With Baked Apples and Thyme
Serving Size: 1 (640 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 827.6
- Calories from Fat 438
- Total Fat 48.7 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 162.6 mg
- Sodium 217.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 51.4 g
- Protein 39.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: