Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Use only pure maple syrup with these. Great as a dessert or breakfast/brunch side dish.
- 2 cups buttermilk baking mix, like Bisquick
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 cups pure maple syrup
- 2 cups water
- whipped cream, for serving
- Combine biscuit mix and milk in bowl.
- Stir until just combined.
- In large saucepan combine syrup and water.
- Heat to boiling over medium heat.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls into the boiling liquid.
- Cook at a gently boil 5 minutes then reduce heat.
- Cover pan and simmer 10 minutes longer.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.
These are INCREDIBLY SWEET! Made them for breakfast, but would be more inclined to make them for dessert. Served with fresh strawberries. Used REAL maple syrup and reduced fat bisquick.