Recipe by LAURIE
Use only pure maple syrup with these. Great as a dessert or breakfast/brunch side dish.
Top Review by KelBel
These are INCREDIBLY SWEET! Made them for breakfast, but would be more inclined to make them for dessert. Served with fresh strawberries. Used REAL maple syrup and reduced fat bisquick.
- 2 cups buttermilk baking mix, like Bisquick
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 cups pure maple syrup
- 2 cups water
- whipped cream, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine biscuit mix and milk in bowl.
- Stir until just combined.
- In large saucepan combine syrup and water.
- Heat to boiling over medium heat.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls into the boiling liquid.
- Cook at a gently boil 5 minutes then reduce heat.
- Cover pan and simmer 10 minutes longer.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.