1/2 Photos of Maple-Stewed Apples
Great topper for pancakes, waffles or hot cereal, but equally good as a side dish on its own.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel apple or if preferred leave peel on.
- 2Cut apples into quarters and remove the core.
- 3Slice the quarters into 1/8 inch thick slices the long way, then cut each slice into inch wide slices.
- 4Combine apple, syrup, cinnamon and water in small saucepan.
- 5Cook over medium low heat, stirring occasionally until apple is tender.
- 6If mixture gets too dry before apple get tender all a bit more water.
- 7Serve warm.
- 8(If desired add 2 tbs raisins per apple to the mixture when you begin cooking and increase the water to ¼ cup).
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple-Stewed Apples
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.1
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 15.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 16.9 g
- Protein 0.3 g