Recipe by PaulaG
A delicious dessert to make.
Top Review by weekend cooker
These were great !! Enjoyed by all of us, especially the kids. I used chocolate chips, evaporated milk, and white chocolate chips. I agree with Toni that it have a beatuful glaze. Will be making this again. Made for Aus/NZ swap#32.
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons margarine or 4 1⁄2 teaspoons light margarine
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons light margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk or 2⁄3 cup evaporated low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons maple extract or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- COMBINE marshmallows and margarine in medium saucepan.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until marshmallows are melted.
- Remove from heat; stir in cereal until coated.
- Press onto bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking pan coated with nonstick cooking spray, using spatula coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- COMBINE margarine, sugar, evaporated milk and salt in medium, heavy-duty saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 4 1/2 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add marshmallows, morsels and maple flavoring; stir vigorously for 1 minute or until marshmallows and morsels are completely melted.
- Pour over prepared crust.
- Sprinkle with nuts; press in slightly.
- Chill for 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut into squares.