Ohhh this is wonderful if you like sweet hot desserts. Double the sauce amounts if you want more.
Make and share this Maple Spoon Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 7 ounces granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 ounces milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 ounces maple syrup
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 2 ounces heavy cream
- 2 ounces maple syrup
- 1 apple
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- For the spoon bread:.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Divide evenly between aluminum tins or individual ramekins, then cover with maple topping. Bake until the centers are firm, approximately 8-10 minutes.
- For the Maple Topping: Combine syrup and melted butter.
- For the Maple Sauce: Combine cream and syrup.
- For the apple topping: Peel and slice the apple. Heat a small sauté pan and add butter, apples and sugar. Sauté until it reaches a medium caramel color.
- To finish: Unmold the spoon bread, top with the maple sauce and finish with warm apples.