Ohhh this is wonderful if you like sweet hot desserts. Double the sauce amounts if you want more.
Make and share this Maple Spoon Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 7 ounces granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 ounces milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 ounces maple syrup
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 2 ounces heavy cream
- 2 ounces maple syrup
- 1 apple
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- For the spoon bread:.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Divide evenly between aluminum tins or individual ramekins, then cover with maple topping. Bake until the centers are firm, approximately 8-10 minutes.
- For the Maple Topping: Combine syrup and melted butter.
- For the Maple Sauce: Combine cream and syrup.
- For the apple topping: Peel and slice the apple. Heat a small sauté pan and add butter, apples and sugar. Sauté until it reaches a medium caramel color.
- To finish: Unmold the spoon bread, top with the maple sauce and finish with warm apples.
I made this using the apple topping option. Very tasty. Made for Newest Zaar Tag
Made for Photo Tag Fall 2007. This was tasty but they overflowed, not sure if my ramekins are smaller than they should be.I would also add a teaspoon of vanilla to the batter next time I make it. Thanks Marra!
This was an excellent dessert. I did double the sauce and was pleased with the end result. My family loved it. Thanks for posting Marra.