Recipe by * Pamela *
A diet breaker for sure! Serve with high quality vanilla or coffee ice cream. This topping is a real gourmet treat that is pourable right from the fridge. Created for RSC #10.
Top Review by Ms*Bindy
This is a very good ice cream sauce. I had some trouble getting to that soft ball stage. I think it took at least 7 minutes. And my final product came out a little thinner than I would have liked. I especially like that I can use it straight from the fridge.
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream, not whipped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- First, fill a glass with ice water and place close to stove.
- Combine syrup, brown sugar, water, butter and Kahlua in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Turn down heat to medium and stir constantly for 6-7 minutes while mixture boils and until it begins to get thick.
- Place a drop or two of the mixture into the cup of ice water and then pick it up with your fingers. It should be able to be shaped into a soft ball.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool slightly, about 5 minutes, and then whisk in the whip cream, vanilla, and pecans until they are well blended. For a thicker sauce use slightly less whipping cream.
- Pour into a container, a glass jar is best, and refrigerate until serving, preferably overnight.
- For a more boozy version, add Kahlua with the whip cream, vanilla, and pecans.