Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe uses fruits available year-round. The maple syrup and spices make it rich without being over-the-top in calories, and a child could put it together.
- 1 medium apple
- 1 medium banana
- 1 medium orange
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9-inch round baking dish with cooking spray.
- Slice apple into 1/4-inch pieces and layer in bottom of pan. Peel & separate orange slices. Half widthwide and layer over apples. Cut banana in 1/2-inch chunks and layer over oranges.
- In a small bowl, whisk together syrup, juice, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour over fruit.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until apples are soft.