Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are really good muffins. This recipe makes 30, so be prepared! I store leftovers in an air tight container. They have not lasted long enough around our house to see how well they freeze.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 8 ounces plain yogurt
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped or 1 cup raisins
- 1 banana, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- Stir together flours, rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and cloves.
- Combine eggs, yogurt and syrup.
- Beat in brown sugar and oil.
- Add dry ingredients, nuts and banana. Stir just until mixed.
- Spoon into greased or paper lined muffin tins, filling 2/3 way full.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes.
- While warm, drizzle with remaining maple syrup.
- Serve warm.
These are great! I made mini muffins, 1 full tin did it. They seem a bit crispy on the outside, but they are subtle and balanced in flavour. For me, they really hit the spot! Thanks for sharing.
OOh fabulous!!! I made these for my Girl Scouts today & they were all gobbled up!! I drizzled a few that were left home w/maple syrup but for travel reasons not the ones I took to the meeting. Nice & tender & delicious!!! Made for Photo Swap 1/08.