These are really good muffins. This recipe makes 30, so be prepared! I store leftovers in an air tight container. They have not lasted long enough around our house to see how well they freeze.
- 354.88 ml whole wheat flour
- 295.73 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml quick-cooking oats
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml ground cloves
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 226.79 g plain yogurt
- 236.59 ml maple syrup
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, packed
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 236.59 ml walnuts, chopped or 236.59 ml raisins
- 1 banana, chopped
- 78.07 ml maple syrup
- Stir together flours, rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and cloves.
- Combine eggs, yogurt and syrup.
- Beat in brown sugar and oil.
- Add dry ingredients, nuts and banana. Stir just until mixed.
- Spoon into greased or paper lined muffin tins, filling 2/3 way full.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes.
- While warm, drizzle with remaining maple syrup.
- Serve warm.
These are great! I made mini muffins, 1 full tin did it. They seem a bit crispy on the outside, but they are subtle and balanced in flavour. For me, they really hit the spot! Thanks for sharing.
OOh fabulous!!! I made these for my Girl Scouts today & they were all gobbled up!! I drizzled a few that were left home w/maple syrup but for travel reasons not the ones I took to the meeting. Nice & tender & delicious!!! Made for Photo Swap 1/08.