Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yum. NOTE:Do not use lowfat margarine.
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, softened (or margerine-not lowfat)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons maple extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 325-degrees.
- Lightly coat baking sheets with nonfat cooking spray.
- Cream the sugar and butter at medium speed of a mixer until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- Add extracts, egg, egg white; beat well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and spices; stir well. Gradually add to creamed mixture, beating well.
- Drop dough by level tablespoons onto baking sheets.
- Bake 10 minutes; let cool on pans 1 minute, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.