1/1 Photo of Maple-Soy Glazed Salmon (America's Test Kitchen)
An incredibly simple and delicious recipe from "The America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook". This is a fabulous cookbook from the folks at Cook's Illustrated Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Adjust an oven rack to the upper-middle position and heat the oven to 500°F Bring the maple syrup and soy sauce to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook until the mixture is syrupy and measures roughly 1/2 cup, about 5 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, remove any pin bones from the salmon. Pat the salmon dry with paper towels, season with salt and pepper, and lay it skin-side down in a lightly oiled 9x13-inch baking dish, spaced about 1 inch apart. Bake for 5 minutes.
- 3Using a pastry brush, spread a thick layer of the maple-soy glaze over the tops and sides of the salmon. Continue to bake until all but the very center of the fish has turned from translucent to opaque, about 5 minutes longer. (If you like it well-done, you may want to cook it for longer.).
- 4Brush the fillets with another layer of glaze and sprinkle with the sesame seeds before serving.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple-Soy Glazed Salmon (America's Test Kitchen)
Serving Size: 1 (909 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.5
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 87.5 mg
- Sodium 1122.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 24.2 g
- Protein 35.7 g