Recipe by Mika G.
You can also just use the glaze and bake the salmon the oven. This goes great with basmati or jasmine rice.
- 1⁄3 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 4 salmon fillets, 1 1/4 thick
- 3 bunches green onions, trimmed to 7-inch in length
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together first 5 ingredients in a bowl until well combined. Pour half of marinade in a glass pie plate or a dish large enough to hold salmon, reserving remaining marinade.
- Preheat grill. Put salmon in dish and turn to coat. Let fish marinate, turning occasionally, at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Grill fish skin side up, on lightly oiled rack over moderate heat, uncovered. Turn once until golden brown and just cooked through, for 10 to 12 minutes total. Grill green onions, laying them crosswise on a lightly oiled rack, season with salt and pepper to taste and grill, turning once, until just tender, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring remaining marinade to a boil in a small saucepan and simmer 1 minute. Serve salmon over green onions drizzled with sauce.