Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A different twist on a traditional cookie. The maple flavor is not over powering as one might think. I think these cookies came out really well for my first try on them. Recipe came from allrecipes.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and 1 cup of white sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and maple syrup.
- Gradually blend in the dry ingredients until just mixed.
- In a small dish, mix together the remaining 1/2 cup white sugar and the maple sugar. Roll dough into 1 inch balls, and roll the balls in the sugar mixture.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Cookies will be crackly on top and look wet in the middle.
- Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.