Sassy in da South's Note:
A different twist on a traditional cookie. The maple flavor is not over powering as one might think. I think these cookies came out really well for my first try on them. Recipe came from allrecipes.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- 3Set aside.
- 4In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and 1 cup of white sugar until light and fluffy.
- 5Beat in the egg and maple syrup.
- 6Gradually blend in the dry ingredients until just mixed.
- 7In a small dish, mix together the remaining 1/2 cup white sugar and the maple sugar. Roll dough into 1 inch balls, and roll the balls in the sugar mixture.
- 8Place cookies 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 9Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Cookies will be crackly on top and look wet in the middle.
- 10Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Snickerdoodles
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 90.3
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 5.8 mg
- Sodium 55.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 0.9 g