1/1 Photo of Maple Shortbread
1 hr 10 mins
The King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300°; lightly grease two 9-inch round cake pans; sprinkle each pan with 1 tablespoon of the maple sugar.
- 2In a bowl, cream together the butter, salt, regular sugar, ½ cup maple sugar, maple extract, and vanilla; then beat in the flour.
- 3Divide the dough in half and press it into the prepared pans, smoothing surface with your fingers.
- 4Sprinkle each round with 1 tablespoon of the remaining maple sugar, pressing it in gently.
- 5Prick the dough with a fork in an attractive pattern.
- 6Bake for 35-40 minutes, until it is golden brown around the edges.
- 7Remove it from the oven and loosen the edges with a heat-resistant plastic knife or table knife.
- 8Wait 5 minutes, then carefully turn the shortbread out onto a clean work surface, all in one piece.
- 9Using a pizza wheel or sharp knife, cut each round into 12 wedges (do this while the shortbread is still warm; if you wait until it is cool, it will not cut easily).
- 10Transfer the wedges to a rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (690 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.9
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 98.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 1.3 g