Recipe by JanetB-KY
An easily fixed breakfast that is tasty as well. I like to spice up the apple pie filling with a bit of extra cinnamon and a touch of cloves and brown sugar :-)
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 16 ounces maple flavor pork sausage, cooked, crumbled and drained
- 1 (20 ounce) can apple pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl, combine pancake mix, milk, egg, oil and sausage, stirring until well blended.
- For each waffle, use half a cup batter in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturers directions until golden brown, about five minutes.
- Serve topped with pie filling and extra maple syrup.