Recipe by Trinkets
This is the easiest breakfast I have found to please young and old. Throw together what you have in the refrigerator and play with the ingredients. I've done this with sage flavored sausage and Italian grated cheese; caramelized onions and spinach with ham and Swiss; asparagus and herb flavored cream cheese; bacon and cheddar...the possibilities are endless! It's fun and easy and oh so good. Enjoy.
- 1 lb maple sausage, we use Jimmy Dean
- 5 -6 ounces cream cheese
- 4 -6 ounces cheddar cheese, grated (or mozzarella)
- 1 pizza dough (or french bread loaf in the can)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Crumble and cook the sausage until no pink remains.
- Drain the grease.
- Spread the pizza dough or French bread loaf onto a cookie sheet and spread with the cream cheese, top with sausage and grated cheddar.
- Roll-up jelly roll style and pinch the ends together, seam side down.
- Cut 3-4 steam vents on top and place in the oven for 20 minutes or so, until golden brown on top.
- Slice and serve. Can be eaten hot or at room temperature.