Cook2 hrs 14 mins
Serve wilted spinach, roasted new potatoes and a glass of stout or full bodied Chardonnay, like Cave Spring or Penfold's Koonunga Hill.
- Marinate the 2 salmon fillets in mixture of 1/3 cup maple syrup and 1/4 cup of soy sauce for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove from refrigerator, spoon out marinade into a saucepan and reduce over medium-low heat until you're left with about half the original volume (about 10 minutes).
- Broil the fillets in a lightly oiled pan for about four minutes, skin side up.
- Flip the fillets over and brush the flesh side liberally with the reduced marinade.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over top and broil for another 4 minutes or until the surface is caramelized and the salmon is no longer translucent in the centre.