Recipe by woodland hues
I wish I could recall where I found this recipe, but I didn't leave myself any clues when I wrote it out some time ago. Designed for a largish crowd, this recipe can be cut in half easily. Great accompaniment to a festive meal such as Thanksgiving or Christmas.
- 1814.36 g rutabagas
- 158.51 ml maple syrup
- 59.14 ml butter
- 1.23 ml salt and pepper, each
- 118.29 ml dried cranberries
- 236.59 ml fresh breadcrumb
- 44.37 ml butter, melted
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel rutabaga and cut into cubes.
- Cook 30-40 minutes till tender.
- Drain and mash, adding maple syrup, butter, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in cranberries.
- Spread into a 2 litre baking dish.
- If making ahead, cover and refrigerate now for up to 24 hours, and add 15 minutes to baking time.
- Bake, covered, at 400F for 30 minutes or till hot.
- For topping, combine ingredients and sprinkle over top.
- Broil for 2 or 3 minutes until a nice golden colour.