Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy! Is this good. Your home will smell incredible while this is simmering. Just perfect for those brisk, windy fall days, that will be here before we know it.
- 1892.0 ml apple cider
- 78.07 ml maple syrup
- 236.59 ml rum, golden (or to taste)
- 10 whole cloves
- 6 whole allspice
- 4 stick cinnamon
- 8 oranges, slices (garnish)
- Combine all the ingredients in a large pot, with the exception of the orange slices, they are to be used for garnishing.
- Slowly bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove pot from oven and discard spices.
- Pour cider into mug and float an orange slice in the center of mug. This cider is best when served hot.
This is absolutely wonderful! I made this for sipping while waiting on my trick or treaters. Perfect for that cool evening. I have since made it two more times and even shared it (minus the alcohol) with one of my kids. Made for This Round's on Me.
I'm not at all sure why mine came out clear and the first pic is isn't. Doesn't matter though because, BK, once again you have hit the ball out of the park! I made a single serving and savored each and every sip. It's hot, soothing and just plain yummy. Another ideal Fall bevy that you can't go wrong on if you like sweet and spicy with a nice wee kick. Made for Photo Tag.
Oh BK! This is just what the body asked for this evening. I'm still sipping on this yummy goodness as I type this. I wish I would of made two servings instead of one. I'll just have to do it again really soon. I didn't have maple syrup so I had to use corn syrup and some maple flavoring. I didn't have orange either but I don't think it would of changed my opinion of this drink. Thanks for posting this wonderful drink. I will be making it for my Halloween party/bon fire Friday night. I'm sure everyone will be thanking you!!