Recipe by Baby Kato
Yummy! Is this good. Your home will smell incredible while this is simmering. Just perfect for those brisk, windy fall days, that will be here before we know it.
Top Review by mary winecoff
This is absolutely wonderful! I made this for sipping while waiting on my trick or treaters. Perfect for that cool evening. I have since made it two more times and even shared it (minus the alcohol) with one of my kids. Made for This Round's on Me.
- 2 quarts apple cider
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup rum, golden (or to taste)
- 10 whole cloves
- 6 whole allspice
- 4 sticks cinnamon
- 8 oranges, slices (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients in a large pot, with the exception of the orange slices, they are to be used for garnishing.
- Slowly bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove pot from oven and discard spices.
- Pour cider into mug and float an orange slice in the center of mug. This cider is best when served hot.