Recipe by Chef Catherine Hofstad
I found this recipe in the November/ December Eating Well magazine. It is low in fat, low in carbs and full of Vitamin A.
Top Review by Cooking in Wis.
I made this for Thanksgiving and everyone just loved it! I did increase the amounts of butter and syrup a little (personal preference). I also used a cookie sheet instead of a glass dish and roasted them uncovered. Will be making this often, it was sooo good, thanks!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces (about 8 cups)
- 1⁄3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Arrange sweet potatoes in an even layer in a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish. Combine maple syrup, butter, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour the mixture over the sweet potatoes; toss to coat.
- Cover and bake the sweet potatoes for 15 minutes. Uncover, stir and cook, stirring every 15 minutes, until tender and starting to turn brown, 45 to 50 minutes more.