Recipe by justcallmetoni
Holidays are coming up fast and I am beginning to think about dishes that compliment the season but fit with my lifestyle. Found this in Cooking Light Annual and plan to roll it out for Thanksgiving.
Top Review by Dreamer in Ontario
Delicious. My squash hating DD has seconds. Since I was cooking for two I only used squash and carrots. The maple syrup adds a lovely flavour without making the dish overly sweet. I'll definitely be making this again.
- 1 1⁄2 cups slice carrots (1/2-inch)
- 1 1⁄2 cups slice parsnips (1/2-inch)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed peeled turnips (1/2-inch)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed butternut squash (1/2-inch)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a 13 x 9–inch baking dish coated with cooking spray, tossing well to coat.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Stir in syrup.
- Bake an additional 20 minutes or until tender and golden, stirring after 10 minutes.