1 hr 20 mins
Oven roasting brings out the best in these winter root vegetables, making them so flavorful! The mapley sauce fills the kitchen with mouthwatering aromas and produces one of my favorite comfort foods!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1 1/4-inch chunks
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/4-inch chunks
- 2 large sweet onions, peeled and quartered
- 3 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 1 1/4-inch chunks
- 1 small yellow turnip
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Bourbon or 1/4 cup rum, plus
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon or 1/4 cup rum
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Arrange the carrots, potatoes, onions, parsnips and turnip in a single layer in a shallow roasting pan.
- 3Heat the butter and maple syrup in a small saucepan just until the butter is melted, about 2 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5Stir in the rum.
- 6Pour the maple mixture over the vegetables and toss to thoroughly coat.
- 7Sprinkle the vegetables with the salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- 9Remove the pan from the oven, stir the vegetables, and bake, uncovered, until tender, 20 to 25 minutes longer.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple-Roasted Root Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.1
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 813.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 42.4 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: