Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Oven roasting brings out the best in these winter root vegetables, making them so flavorful! The mapley sauce fills the kitchen with mouthwatering aromas and produces one of my favorite comfort foods!
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1 1/4-inch chunks
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/4-inch chunks
- 2 large sweet onions, peeled and quartered
- 3 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 1 1/4-inch chunks
- 1 small yellow turnip
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon or 1⁄4 cup rum, plus
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon or 1⁄4 cup rum
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Arrange the carrots, potatoes, onions, parsnips and turnip in a single layer in a shallow roasting pan.
- Heat the butter and maple syrup in a small saucepan just until the butter is melted, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the rum.
- Pour the maple mixture over the vegetables and toss to thoroughly coat.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with the salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, stir the vegetables, and bake, uncovered, until tender, 20 to 25 minutes longer.