Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is from MSN. Looks really yummy can't wait to try it.
Make and share this Maple Roasted Chicken Thighs recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large skinless chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 pounds with bones)
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks (about 1 pound total)
- 1 small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 0.5 (16 ounce) bag baby carrots or 8 ounces parsnips, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In 15 1/2" by 10 1/2" jelly-roll pan or large shallow roasting pan, combine chicken, sweet potato chunks, onion, baby carrots, maple syrup, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and toss to coat.
- Roast chicken mixture 40 to 45 minutes or until juices run clear when thickest part of thigh is pierced with tip of knife and liquid in pan thickens slightly, stirring vegetables once and turning chicken over halfway through roasting.
Very good, just the right amount of "mapley" flavor. Thank you
This was delicious. My 6-yr old who rarely eats carrots ate hers all up! That is really something! I loved the maple glaze, and especially the thickened chewy bits that caramelized. Perfect flavors for when the weather starts to get cold and you want something homey. Thanks, MsSally!
We loved the flavor of the chicken. Cooking with the three vegetables and syrup gave it a great taste. The vegetables, however, were disappointing for us. It seemed like they simmered in juices more than roasted in a high heat. This was probably my fault due to cookware choice. Therefore, this review is based on the taste of the chicken and not the vegetables.