Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Cooking Light. Serving size: about 1 cup. Per serving: 170 calories, 3.7 g fat, 4.4 g protein, 34.6 g carb, 4.9 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol.
Top Review by PaulaG
This was served with recipe #107643 and the flavors complimented each other nicely. Instead of using 2 tablespoons olive oil, I opted to use the mister and sprayed the squash with the oil and then the syrup was drizzled over all. The timing is perfect.
- 6 (1 lb) acorn squash
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each squash in half lengthwise.
- Discard seeds and membranes.
- Cut each half crosswise into 1-inch thick slices; peel.
- In a large bowl, mix together the syrup, oil, salt, and pepper; stir well.
- Add squash; toss to coat.
- Put squash in a 13x9 inch baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Bake in a 425° oven for 25 minutes or until tender, stirring every 10 minutes.