Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
An easy one-pot dish combining sticky chicken with delicious roasted vegetables.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs baby new potatoes, halved
- 2 small red onions, cut into wedges
- 1 bulb of garlic, separated into cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunky pieces
- 2 large zucchini, halved lengthways and very thickly sliced
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 large chicken legs
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 400°F Mix the potatoes, onions, all but 2 garlic cloves and half the oil in a large roasting tin with seasoning to taste. Roast for 15 minutes
- Meanwhile crush the remaining garlic and mix with the maple syrup, mustard, remaining oil and seasoning to taste.
- Toss the pepper, zucchini and thyme with the potatoes, then arrange the chicken portions on top and brush liberally with the maple syrup mixture. Roast for 45 mins to 1 hr until the chicken is golden and sticky and the vegetables are tender. Serve.