Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A deceptively easy and impressive dessert that can be made up to a day ahead and stored in the fridge until serving.
- 1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup, plus
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ground nutmeg (optional) or cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325*. Divide 1/4 cup maple syrup among six 6oz custard cups; tilt custard cups to coat evenly.
- In a bowl combine eggs, cheese, sugar, vanilla, and remaining tsp of maple syrup. Mix until well combined but not foamy.
- Place the custard cups in a 9x13 dish. Divide egg mixture among custard cups. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Place the baking dish on an oven rack. Pour boiling water into the baking dish around custard cups to a depth of 1 inch. Bake for 40-45 mins or until a toothpick inserted near the centers comes out clean.
- Remove cups from water. Cool completely in custard cups. Cover and chill until serving time.
- To unmold flans, loosen edges with a knife, slipping point of knife down sides to let air inches Invert a dessert plate over each flan; turn custard cup and plate over together.
Very easy and very tasty! Just the right amount of maple flavor. Thanks for posting!