Recipe by InAHurry
This recipe came from Better Homes and Gardens December 2005 Issue. A leaf-shape cookie gives the flan a seasonal look.
- 1⁄4 cup pure maple sugar
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon pure maple sugar
- ground nutmeg (optional) or cinnamon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325. Divide the 1/4 cup maple syrup among six 6 ounce custard cups to coat bottoms evenly.
- In a bowl combine eggs, cheese, sugar, vanilla and remaining teaspoon maple syrup. Mix until well combined but not foamy. Place the custard cups in a 3 quart rectangular baking dish. Divide egg mixture among custard cups. Sprinkle with nutmeg or cinnamon. Place the baking dish on an oven rack. Pour boiling water into the baking dish around custard cups to a depth of 1 inch. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the centers comes out clean.
- Remove cups from water. Cool completly in custard cups. Cover and chill until serving time. To unmold flans, loosen edges with a knife, slipping point of knife down sides to let air inches Invert a desert plate over each flan, turn custard cup and plate over together.