Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy-to-make, thick 'n' creamy rice pudding with a Canadian twist.
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup rice (medium grain white rice)
- 1 1⁄4 cups rice milk
- 3 -4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup raisins (optional)
- Boil the water. Once boiling, add the rice and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Add the rice milk, maple syrup, salt and cinnamon and simmer uncovered (cover it until it starts to almost boil again, then take cover off) until thick and creamy, about 15-20 minutes, stirring once in a while.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla and raisins. Stir and pour into serving dishes. Sprinkle with cinnamon to garnish, let cool down 5 minutes and serve. If you plan on serving it later on you may want to add a bit more rice milk as you reheat it as it will thicken with time.