Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Taken at my grocery store. It's a king of rice pudding but in another way.
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 3 1⁄2 ounces unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 cups whole milk
- Place rice in a strainer and rinse under running water. Drain well and place in a large ovenproof terrine. Add maple syrup, butter, vanilla and orange zest.
- Heat milk to boiling and pour into terrine, mix well.
- Place terrine in the oven preheated to 180°C (350°F) and bake for 3 hours. A dark, shiny brown crust will form on the cake’s surface. Let cool.
- To serve, remove crust, and serve each portion with a ladle (the content is very soft and smooth). Serve in individual bowls and garnish with small chunks of crust and a drizzle of maple syrup.