Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Another recipe with maple sugar.
Make and share this Maple Rib Roast recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄4 kg rib roast, bone in
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 cup maple sugar
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly black pepper, roughly ground
- store-bought bordelaise sauce
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- In a roasting pan, place the roast, with the bones side up. Using a knife, make incisions in the fat. Season the entire surface with salt and pepper. Cover the ends of the bones with aluminium foil.
- In a bowl, combine maple sugar, mustard and baste the roast with the mixture.
- In another bowl, combine herbs and pepper and season the entire roast.
- Roast for 30 minutes to sear the meat. Reduce temperature to 150°C (300°F) and cook for another 2 hours for rare doneness.
- Wrap the roast in aluminum foil and let sit for 10 minutes prior to carving.
- Serve with bordelaise sauce.
OMG!! This was sooooo good there aren't even words to describe it! The maple sugar was awesome, and it was the first time I had ever used it in a recipe (I'll be sure to use it again). I used only a 2 2/3 lb roast which was more than enough for my family due to there only being two who can eat that much of it right now. I made this with I'mPat's Mashed Potatoes #178186, and they were a perfect match. This will absolutely be made in my home again and again! Thank you. Made for the Newest Zaar Tag 08/10.