Recipe by Sarah J
These diabetic bars look great. I want mom to fix them for the Holidays for me. Hint! Hint! From Maple Grove Farms of Vermont
Top Review by mickie49
These cookie bars are a delight. My diabetic DH loved them and so did I. I followed the recipe except for using another brand of sugar free syrup and another brand of sugar free fruit spread. Especially delightful was the moistness of the cookie itself. Thank you.
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup shortening, softened
- 1⁄2 cup cozy cottage sugar-free syrup (or any Sugar Free Syrup)
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup polaner seedless raspberry all fruit sugar-free raspberry fruit spread
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ingredients well, except for All Fruit.
- Grease and flour pan.
- Spread half of batter in 8" square baking pan.
- Drop All Fruit evenly over batter.
- Top with remaining batter and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- Cut into squares while still warm.