Recipe by White Rose Child
A sweet, spiced oatmeal that will undoubtedly please on a cold morning. From Vegetarian Times.
Top Review by mliss29
I liked this, but based on the other reviews I did tweak it a little. I soaked overnight 1/2 c oats, 1/2 c water, & 1/4 c raisins. In the morning I added 1 T maple syrup (1/8 c just looked like too much), 1/8 c Recipe # 295198, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, & 1/4 tsp. ginger. I thought it was great! Reviewed for Healthy Choices ABC Tag.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (I used Thompsons, you could try sultanas)
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup soymilk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak oats overnight in the water if you want the oatmeal to be really nice & creamy.
- Bring all ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Reduce heat and simmer till thick and creamy- this doesn't take long.
- Add more milk or water and cook longer if it isn't creamy enough for your taste.
- Serve immediately.
- Add any favorite nuts to each bowl if you like- I loved chopped almonds.