Recipe by Johnney
As a kid my Grandma would make this for me when I would visit. I love this with an ice cold glass of milk.
- 2 unbaked pie crusts (top and bottom)
- 1 cup seedless raisin
- 3 tablespoons flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 3 grains nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Line pie plate with bottom pastry; store in refrigerator with the top crust until ready to be filled.
- Wash raisins, soak for 10 minutes, and thoroughly drain.
- Mix raisins with 1 Tablespoon flour in order to separate them well.
- Spread over bottom of pie crust.
- Cream butter.
- Add brown sugar, salt, well-beaten eggs, and the remaining 2 Tablespoons flour.
- Beat until smooth.
- Stir in walnuts, a few at a time.
- Gradually add maple syrup and nutmeg.
- Pour mixture over raisins in pie crust.
- Place top crust and trim access and pinch to seal or use a fork to seal edges.
- Set in 450 degree Fahrenheit preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Lower heat to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and bake 25-30 minutes more until golden brown.