Recipe by Megohm
A really tasty little treat, low in fat, and quite simple to make. One of my favourite muffin recipes that I've created. :)
Top Review by LonghornMama
Yummy lower fat muffins! Mild flavor with a hint of maple. Not overly sweet, just nice and healthy. I always eat my muffins on the go, but these would be nice with apple butter, too. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup cooking oil or 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry together salt, flours, nutmeg, cinnamon and baking powder.
- Beat egg in a bowl, then add honey, oil/milk, and milk.
- Stir together until just blended (don't overstir!) and lumpy.
- Add raisins and maple extract(Maple syrup might do too, if you have it on hand!).
- Fill muffin tins(lined or greased) 2/3 full, and bake at 400F for 20-25 minutes.
- Enjoy! :).