Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A really tasty little treat, low in fat, and quite simple to make. One of my favourite muffin recipes that I've created. :)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup cooking oil or 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup raisins
- Mix dry together salt, flours, nutmeg, cinnamon and baking powder.
- Beat egg in a bowl, then add honey, oil/milk, and milk.
- Stir together until just blended (don't overstir!) and lumpy.
- Add raisins and maple extract(Maple syrup might do too, if you have it on hand!).
- Fill muffin tins(lined or greased) 2/3 full, and bake at 400F for 20-25 minutes.
- Enjoy! :).
Yummy lower fat muffins! Mild flavor with a hint of maple. Not overly sweet, just nice and healthy. I always eat my muffins on the go, but these would be nice with apple butter, too. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
We're trying to use more whole wheat and natural sugars in our diet. So DH and I gave this one a try. We used pure maple syrup in the place of honey and golden raisins. The muffins baked up nicely and were mild in flavor.