Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I ran across this today and think I'm going to try this for a fall treat. Haven't tried it yet, but it sounds wonderful! Came across it on www.popcorn.org. I kind of estimated and put the cooling time as the cooking time and everything else is preparation. Let me know if you find something more accurate.
- In a large saucepan or pot, heat brown sugar, maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice mix over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring, 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and mixture is bubbling.
- Stir in butter until melted and well blended.
- Add pecans, if desired, and popcorn and stir until well coated.
- Allow mixture to cool before serving. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.
Delicious snack! My only complaint was that the popcorn became more chewy than crunchy after the coating was added, but the flavor was lovely. I didn't have plain pecans, only the pecan-pie-flavored ones, so I used those (they worked out just fine). Oh, and I used real maple syrup, not the fake flavored stuff. This would make a great Halloween party snack. I'd definitely make this again, thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring '10 :)
SOOOO YUMMY and fall like. My 2 yr old DS and I just loved it. Only prob is I think I'm going to have to make another batch for the rest of the family to try when they get home. I'll double it next time though.