Recipe by enestvmel
I ran across this today and think I'm going to try this for a fall treat. Haven't tried it yet, but it sounds wonderful! Came across it on www.popcorn.org. I kind of estimated and put the cooling time as the cooking time and everything else is preparation. Let me know if you find something more accurate.
Top Review by Muffin Goddess
Delicious snack! My only complaint was that the popcorn became more chewy than crunchy after the coating was added, but the flavor was lovely. I didn't have plain pecans, only the pecan-pie-flavored ones, so I used those (they worked out just fine). Oh, and I used real maple syrup, not the fake flavored stuff. This would make a great Halloween party snack. I'd definitely make this again, thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring '10 :)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- 5 cups popcorn, popped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan or pot, heat brown sugar, maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice mix over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring, 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and mixture is bubbling.
- Stir in butter until melted and well blended.
- Add pecans, if desired, and popcorn and stir until well coated.
- Allow mixture to cool before serving. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.