Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
The pie recipe that is requested by my family members every Thanksgiving!
- 9 inches frozen pie shells
- 2 eggs, large
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 6 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned pure pumpkin
- 6 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F Line pie crust with foil, fill with dried beans and bake for 10 minutes. Remove foil and beans. Pierce crust in several places with a fork and bake another five minutes. Cool on rack and reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Whisk eggs and next three ingredients in a medium bowl. Whisk pumpkin, sugar, flour, spice and salt in another medium bowl; add to egg mixture and whisk until well blended. Pour the filling into crust.
- Bake pie until filling is puffed around edges and center moves only slightly when pan is shaken - about 1 hour 5 minutes. Cool on rack. Chill until cold, at least four hours or overnight.
I love the hint of maple! I can't wait to share it with my family on sunday.
I make this pie every year for Thanksgiving and its a big hit. Even people that feel like they don't like pumpkin pie rave over this one. Make sure you serve it with freshly whipped cream, just adds that special touch.