Recipe by Clair__11
Cake-like pudding with great maple flavour! Served warm. Use whatever gluten-free products that you have. This is adapted from In the Kitchen with Stefano Faita on CBC to be more allergy friendly.
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup vegan margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1 cup silken tofu
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine gluten-free flour, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt to a bowl. Set aside.
- In bowl of a stand mixer, cream the margarine and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs. Beat until light and fluffy. Stir in the flour mixture until just combined.
- In a food processor, mix soy milk, tofu and vanilla until creamy.
- In large saucepan, bring maple syrup and soy mixture to a boil over medium heat.
- Using an ice cream scooper or 2 spoons, scoop the batter into ramekins or oven-safe bowls. Alternatively, spread the batter into a 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish. Place ramekins on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Pour maple syrup and soy mixture over batter.
- Bake until cake sets and tester comes out clean when tested with a toothpick, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remember syrup mixture is extremely hot, do not touch with your fingers. Serve pudding warm.