Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
One of my favorite desserts, baking the nuts with the brown sugar and butter makes a crunchy buttery filling, plan ahead this needs to stay in the freezer overnight :)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans or 1 1⁄2 cups hazelnuts
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine nuts, brown sugar and butter until well mixed.
- Spread onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes, or until browned; cool, crumble, and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine marshmallow cream and syrup until smooth; fold in whipped cream.
- Place half of the nut mixture in a greased 9x5-in loaf pan.
- Top with marshmallow mixture, and then with remaining nut mixture.
- Cover, and freeze overnight, or until firm.
- Remove from freezer when ready to serve.
- Invert onto a serving plate and slice.