Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
You can thank The Olde Nunnery in Manitoba for this recipe!
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, at room temp
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temp
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- Base: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 inch springform pan.
- In a food processor whirl flour, brown sugar and butter.
- Add pecans and pulse just until blended.
- Press into the bottom of the pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool on a rack.
- Cake: Beat cream cheese with the sugar and flour until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time along with the sour cream.
- Mix in the maple syrup.
- Stir in the pecans until evenly mixed.
- Pour over the base and with the back of a spoon smooth out the top.
- Bake on the center rack until center is almost set and the cake on the outside is firm, about 50 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and let the cake stand for 2 hours-in the oven please.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat combine the corn syrup, brown sugar, pecan halves and butter.
- Bring to a boil, uncovered, and boil vigorously until a soft ball will form in cold water, around 4 minutes.
- Let cool until just warm and should be very thick but still pourable.
- If not add 1 T.
- of water and whisk in.
- Pour over the top of cheesecake and place in the refrigerator for 4 hours to overnight.
- Before serving loosen the sides of the pan and remove the ring.
WOW What a way to go! A bit of heaven! Just absolutely incredible & what a perfect ending to a Thanksgiving meal, whew!! A real treat, thanks for sharing!!!