Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Satisfying meal in one
- 3⁄4 lb boneless chuck roast
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium carrot, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 8 white pearl onions, peeled
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut in 2-inch pieces
- In a Dutch oven coated with nonstick spray, brown meat on both sides.
- Combine the orange juice, syrup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, orange peel, salt and pepper and pour over roast.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the carrot, celery and onions.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the potato.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until tender.