- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup mustard, a l'ancienne or 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar or 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 pork tenderloin, cut in 1 inch thick medallions
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup white wine or 1⁄4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- salt and pepper
- 16 pecans, spiced, roughly chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinade: In an hermetic bag, mix all ingredients of the marinade.
- Pork: Add pork and coat well. Close the bag. Put in the fridge 2 hours or more.
- Drain pork and keep the marinade for later. In a large non-stick skillet, brown medallions in oil and 1 tablespoon butter until pink, 2 to 3 minutes each side. Add salt and pepper. Set aside on a plate and cover with foil paper.
- Deglaze the skillet with the wine and marinade. Bring to boil and let reduce by half. Remove from the heat and add remaining butter while whisking. Adjust seasoning.
- Serve medallions and garnish with spiced pecans.